PROCESS & INSTRUMENTATION DIAGRAM (P&ID) AND RELATED INSTRUMENTATION DOCUMENTS COURSE
14 hours (Two (2) days)
This Intensive two-days instructional program covering the educational needs of Instrumentation and Control Engineers and Technicians, Plant Operators, Operation Engineers, Process and Utility Supervisors, and Technical Supervisory personnel involved in Oil and Gas Plant. No specific prerequisite training or experience required for registration.
Oil and gas industries, power plant, petrochemical plant, pump oil plant, food industries and others related industries.
This course can be certified for the continuing professional development program likes the program by the Board of Engineers Malaysia, TEVT, Malaysia skill certificate and instrumentation competency certificate.
This course provides knowledge and skill on how to read, interpret, locate, create a P&ID and others instrumentation documents used in industrial. Technicians or engineers are provided with fundamentals knowledge to more effectively communicate with P&ID.
This course teaches a systematic approach to read, locate, interpret drawing.
The objective of the program is to provide instrument engineers, plant technicians, plant operators and others plant personnel with a good knowledge and skill in Process & Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID) and related instrumentation documents.
At the end of the course, the participants should be able to:
- Introduction to instrument drawing.
- Interpret PFD and P&ID.
- Explain the instrumentation terminology.
- Explain the information provided in PFD and P&ID.
- Compare the instrumentation drawing.
- Use Legends and symbols.
- Verify, locate, and identify Instruments used by drawing.
- Understand the basic operation of the most instruments
- Create a P&ID, used storage tanks and basic air supply.
- Explain and create hook-up diagram.
- Understand the operation of Instrument Loop Diagram.
- Identify various loops on P&ID, Hook Up and ILD
- Create Instrumentation Loop Diagram.
- Classroom discussions
- Case study
- Purpose of Instrumentation
- Instrumentation Documents
- Process Flow Diagram
- Piping & Instrumentation Drawing
- Instrumentation Loop Drawing
- PFD vs P&ID
- Overview and concepts.
- Develop of P&ID (Block, schematic, SAMA (functional Diagram) and P&ID)
- Details about PFD
- Details about P&ID
- Standard symbols.
- How to create a P&ID
- Purpose of Troubleshooting,
- Reasons for Troubleshooting Equipment History,
- Input / Output (Serial) | Shotgun Approach,
- Logical Analysis
- Alarm and shutdown system.
- Hook Up diagram
- Introduction to hook-up diagram
- Elements of hook up diagram.
- Type of hook – up diagram
- Requirement for hook up diagram
- Instrument Loop Diagram (ILD)
- Introduction to ILD
- Interpret ILD