CONTROL VALVES – SELECTION, SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE COURSE
21 hours (Three (3) days)
Plant or process supervisors, team leaders, instrument engineers, lectures, and others who need to upgrade the knowledge and a comprehensive review or new experience of control valve technology.
Oil and gas industries, petrochemical plant, pump oil plant, power plant, food industries and others related industries.
This course can be certified for the continuing professional development program for example by the board of engineers Malaysia, TVET, Malaysian skill certificate (SKM) and instrumentation competency certificate.
This course is designed to provide participants with the working knowledge on several of control valves, control valve sizing and its characteristics. The course covers procedures on how to conduct a regular inspection and maintenance of control valves. It consists of lectures and extensive practical exercises on control valve repair and calibration using the specific tools and testing equipment.
The objective of the program is producing engineers, plant tech, plant operator and plant personnel with a good skill and knowledge so that they can operating plant for optimum level.
At the end of the course, the participants should be able to:-
- Explain control valve terminology.
- Describe the following flow characteristics for valve type selection.
- Describe the control valve parts.
- Size a control valve for liquid, gas and steam service.
- Repair and calibrate different types of control valves.
- Describe the working principle of positioner and I/P converter.
- Calibrate Smart Control Valve / Smart Positioner.
- Classroom discussions
- Short video presentation
- Case study
- Overview of control valve and their parts.
- Types of control valve
- Valve terminologist and specification.
- Control valve characteristics
- Seat leakage classifications.
- Control Valve applications.
- Materials consideration
- Control valve sizing
- Actuators, types, selection and application.
- Control valve accessories.
- Assembling and disassembling of control valve
- Control valve leak test using test rig equipment.
- Operation of Smart Positioner