INTERNAL COMBUSTION DRIVERS – COACHING AND MOCKS COURSE
14 hours (Two (2) days)
Technicians who want to sit the Internal Combustion Engine Driver’s Certificate of Competency examination with the Department of Occupational Safety and Health, Malaysia (DOSH).
Oil & Gas, Petrochemicals, Power Plant, Renewal Energy Plant, Co-Generation Plant, Palm Oil Mills and Refineries, Plywood Industries, Hotels and all industries that using Internal Combustion Engine.
This course is suitable for boiler technicians that are willing to sit for the Internal Combustion Engine Driver’s Certificate of Competency examination with the Department of Occupational Safety and Health, Malaysia (DOSH).
This course is to guide and prepare the Internal Combustion Engine Drivers for the Department of Occupational Safety and Health, Malaysia (DOSH) certificate of competency examination (Internal Combustion Engine drivers grade 1 and/or 2).
During the training session, the participants will be exposed to the frequent asked questions by DOSH and there is a mock assessment for every candidate.
At the end of the course, the delegates will be able to: –
- Identify the major hazards that’s related to operation and maintaining the Internal Combustion Engine systems.
- Operate the Internal Combustion Engine systems with the safe conditions.
- Prepare for the examination of the Internal Combustion Engine Driver’s Certificate of Competency Grade 1 and/or 2 with the DOSH.
- Increase their confidence level before sitting the DOSH examination.
- Classroom discussions
- Group discussions
- Participant’s individual assessment
Chapter # 1
- Factory and Machinery Act 1967 (Act 139)
- Certificates Of Competency – Examinations, Regulations 1970
- Person-in-charge, Regulations 1970
- Notification, Certificate of Fitness and Inspection, Regulations 1970
- Safety, Health and Welfare, Regulations 1970
Chapter # 2
- An Introduction to Internal Combustion Engine
- Continuous Cycle Gas Turbine:-
- Basic theory of gas turbine systems
- Gas turbine process
- Major components and functional description of typical gas turbine power plant (compressor, type of combustor/burner, turbine, and generator)
- Mounting and fittings
- Operational procedures (pre-start check, start-up, check during normal operation and emergency)
- Reciprocating Engines:-
- The process of combustion in spark ignition and compression ignition engines
- The principles underlying the working of Internal Combustion Engines (two stroke and four stroke)
- Use of Indicator diagram
- Combustion of Fuels
Chapter # 3
Coaching and Mocks
- To discuss the answering technique for the examination.
- To review and discuss the common examination’s questions.