OPTIMIZATION OF FUEL AND HEAT TRANSFER EQUIPMENT COURSE
14 hours (Two (2) days)
Plant managers, Energy Managers, Plant Technologist, Supervisors, Engineers and Operating personnel who are responsible for energy efficiency improvements in heat transfer equipment for power plant, oil & gas, petrochemical plants and all industries that using fuel for combustion and heat exchangers for heat transfer system.
Oil & Gas, Petrochemicals, Power Plant, Renewal Energy Plant, Co-Generation Plant and all industries that are using steam boilers, process fired heaters and heat exchangers.
This course can be certified for the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Program by the Board of Engineers, Malaysia (BEM).
this course will be introduced to fuel and heat transfer equipment optimization, which is a specialized device that assists in the transfer of heat from one fluid to other. A heat exchanger is the most common heat transfer equipment used in the oil and gas, process and general production industries.
The objective of this course will provide a comprehensive review of the various aspects of plant fuel usage and heat transfer processes as the essential foundation for sustainable plant profitability and optimization. The Heat transfer processes plays very important role in today’s industrial world, therefore plant optimization benefits are important for cost reduction and it is including minimum operational interruptions.
At the end of the course, the delegates will be able to: –
- Optimize the correct heat transfer equipment for particular applications.
- Apply heat transfer principles to design and specify heat transfer equipment
- Evaluate the performance of heat transfer equipment and recommend solutions to problems
- Reduce plant fuel consumption by improving the equipment efficiency.
- Classroom discussions
- Short video presentation
- Case study
Managing and Optimizing FUEL Usage Cost
- Purposes of Burning Fuels
- Components of Process Heating Systems
- Process Heating Energy Consumption
- Potential for Savings
- Incentive for Optimizing Heat Process Systems
- Seven Ways to Optimize Your Process Heat System
- Emerging process heating technologies
- Check Burner Air to Fuel Ratios
- Preheated Combustion Air
- Heating Values
- Theoretical Flame Temperature
- Combustion Efficiency
Managing and Optimizing the Cost and Usage of STEAM
- Steam Generation
- Steam Use
- Steam Recovery
- Steam Distribution
- Economic Justification for Steam Improvement Projects
- Selection of Steam Boilers
- Boiler Systems Efficiency
- Factors affecting boiler efficiency
- Boiler System Fouling and Corrosion
- Automatic Boiler Water Management System
- Boiler Feed Water Economizers
- Fired-tube Boiler Efficiency Design Features
- Maintenance and Inspection Procedures
- Case Study On Steam Traps
Optimizing FURNACES Operations
- Furnaces, Principle Parameters and Parts
- Thermal Rating Aspects of Furnaces
- Furnace Heat Flux and Temperature Limits
- Furnace Types
- Furnace Efficiency
HEAT EXCHANGER Efficiency
- Heat Exchanger Types
- Heat Exchangers Problems
- Heat Exchanger Efficiency Monitoring and Cleaning